Tuesday 7 February 2012

Unbelievable ... the way the Railway complaints are looked into.

 Incident 1
     It happened few months back.  We were traveling and me & family
were waiting in the A/C waiting room at Secunderabad Station. The
attached bathroom was not clean and was giving  bad smell. Added to
this discomfiture, the bathroom door was not closing tight, and I also
observed  that shutter was not closing tight because of faulty door
closer. I complained to the attendant .

     I also sent an SMS " The bathroom of A/C  waiting room on
platform No 1 of Secunderbad Station is dirty and stinking. Pl arrange
cleaning . Also the door is not closing  properly". After few minutes
we left the waiting room as our train arrival was announced. Within
few minutes I received text reply from Railways, giving an Id No and
that action will be taken . After few hours I received a message that
the bathroom has been cleaned . After ten days I received another
message that the faulty door has been repaired and thanking me.

     Incident 2
     Recently on 24 th October I and my wife were traveling by
Hyderabd Ajmeer Express on our Rajasthan trip. Next day morning, I
noticed there was no water in the bathroom and the taps are all dry,
whereas our journey will continue and we will be reaching our
destination ( Bhilwara near Ajmeer)  after another 18 hours. I was
worried that it is going to be a miserable time to travel without
water. Water or No water, people will continue to use the bathrooms
and the stink will become unbearable. I complained to the Conductor. I
also sent a SMS "Traveling in the A1 compartment of Hyderabad Ajmeer
express train No 12720. No water in the bathrooms . Pl arrange. Also
replace leaking valves else  problem repeats." Pat came the reply"
Your reference id is 1110250019. For status visit
www.scr.indianrailways.in. Or SMS as STATUS<SPACE><id> TO 8121281212 .
Thanks for registering complaint "  .

     After about 20 minutes I  received message that water will be
filled at the  nearest Railway station having water filling facility.
At Itarsi station, water was filled and we had no problem . After
about a week I received another message that the faulty valves have
been replaced . It was amazing.

     I am thankful to the Railway authorities for introducing a
system where one can complain from a running train even and doubly
grateful that they have acknowledged the complaint and  attended.

     I collected this help line number from the Railway waiting room !
     The Railway  Number to which you can SMS is   8121281212 .
Please pass on this message to your friends and it may help some one
in need including you .


SEND BY  Mr DK SHARMA 71 Mech 
DATED 7 Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment