Monday 13 February 2012

SOME MEMORIES SHARED BY MR PARVEZ SHIDDIQI

Parvez Siddiqi
6:06 AM (34 minutes ago)        (  14 FEB 2012)

to me
Yes sirjee OP:
 
I played Table Tennis, it was me, Naresh Chawla, Sanjeev Mainkar, Majumdar, Ashok Singhal, we all played TT for BHU 1966-1971 in all India Inter University Table Tennis Tournament, few times and we traveled to Nainital for All UP Tournament - Fond memories. We went to Gauhati representing BHU plus we went to Siliguri too. Those were the days. I will never forget the all you can eat canteen food for one rupee.!!!! My children know all about BHU and hostel life.
 
2 years ago I was on the phone with BD Gard our 1971 batchmate, he reminded me of the time when there was a strike and police came to the campus and entered Morvi hostel. We were in a room and we had not done anything. I guess they were looking for some bad guys.
 
I met Sanjeev Mainkar a few times in 1973 in Mumbai ( then Bombay) when I was at BARC then lost touch with him.
 
I met Majumdar in Chicago in 1975. I also met Deepak Borkar ( 1971 Electrical) in Chicago many many times. Then he moved to Miami, Florida and in 1983 I lost touch with him.
 
Op Azad Saheb , One thing I have to say I find your work very kind and generous, it is some that no one had done  yet in all these 40 years by bringing the group together.
 
I will always be grateful to you for this.
 
Warm Regards
 
Parvez Siddiqi
1971 Electrical

No comments:

Post a Comment